Play list Jazz Mine No. 2 Saturday 18th. April 2015 from 5 to 6PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM
1. Under Blunder ( 3.06 ) - Randy Weston - CD Get Happy avidgroup.co.uk
NEW RELEASE PACKAGE UNDER TITLE Randy Weston Four Classic Albums incl. Get Happy
2. Reckless Eye Ballin' ( 6.52 ) - Reggie Washington - CD Rainbow Shadow jammincolors.com
3. Rolling In The Deep - Carol Ann Flanagan & Hector Castilio - CD Mezcla
IRISH ARTIST 2014 RELEASE
4. Ten Cents A Dance ( 2.15 ) - Anita O'Day & Billy May - CD Swing Rodgers & Hart Verve Records
5. An Cat ( The Cat ) ( 3.56 ) - Melanie O'Reilly - CD Ceol Ceantair / District Music melanieoreiily.com
Melanie O'Reilly appears in her Anita O'Day Tribute Show in The Pavilion Theatre Dun Laoighaire 8PM paviliontheatre.ie
6. The Blues Are Brewin' ( 2.09 ) - Billie Holiday & Louis Armstrong - CD Golden Greats Disky Records
April 7th. was the centenary anniversary of Billie Holiday's birth date in 1915.
7. Fine & Mellow ( 5.11 ) - Jose James - CD Yesterday I Had The Blues The Music Of Billie Holiday bluenote.com
8. Fairy Dance ( 4.08 ) - Eamonn Karran - CD Forgotten Road realmusic.com
IRISH ARTIST NEW RELEASE
LONG SHOT 1
9. Blind Man, Blind Man ( 8.15 ) - Herbie Hancock - CD BOX SET Jazz At Midnight Disky Records
Herbie Hancock was 75 on April 12th. 2015 ( born in 1940 )
10. Pursuit ( 4.38 ) - Yelena Eckemoff Trio - CD Lions yelenamusic.com
Opening for Mike Stern tonight at Ronnie Scott's Club London Doors 6:00 PM Yelena Eckemoff, piano Arild Andersen, double bass
Martin France, drums. Also CD official launch at The Spice Of Life Soho London Yelena Eckemoff, piano Arild Andersen, double bass
Martin France, drums Doors open: 7pm, Music 8-10.30pm £10/£8 MU, student/advance.
11. The Hat ( 3.59 ) - Kenny Wheeler / Norma Winston / London Vocal Project Directed by Pete Churchill CD Mirrors editionrecords.com
Pete Churchill appears at The Bray Jazz Festival with Dublin City Jazz Orchestra who are a 17-piece band that brings together some of the capital's finest jazz players in a big band setting.
Formed in 2007, the group went on to play the Electric Picnic 2008 and their ensemble outings, recreating the great old sounds of the big band, have been finding enthusiastic audiences since then.
The orchestra will honour the music of the late great Kenny Wheeler in this once-off presentation, and be accompanied in the show by three great visiting guests.
DCJO will be conducted for this once off show by special guest Pete Churchill, professor of music at London’s Royal Academy of Music – and the long-time arranger and conductor of the Kenny Wheeler Big Band.
And the presentation will also be joined by jazz singer Lauren Kinsella, who has received widespread acclaim since she moved from her native Dublin to live and work in London a few years ago.
And the performance will also featured award-winning trumpeter Laura Jurd, who was recently shortlisted in the prestigious Parliamentary Jazz Awards ‘Instrumentalist of the Year’ category.
The Dublin City Jazz Orchestra's five saxophonists, four trumpeters, four trombonists, pianist, bass player, drummer and guitarist are all from professional full-time musicians who represent some of the finest in Europe - players who have recorded with a everyone from Van Morrison, Amy Winehouse and Stacey Kent to Georgie Fame, Bobby Wellins, and Benny Golson.
There is nothing to beat the rhythmic drive and sheer power of a jazz big band.
The Dublin City Jazz Orchestra brings this quality to its concerts with superb ensemble playing and an array of outstanding soloists throughout the group.
booknow-buttonThe group is led by its co-founder Ciaran Wilde, and musical director is Brendan Doyle.
Indian Music in the Pearse Museum. Rathfarnham, Dublin.
Wednesday 29 April at 6pm
Sougata Roy Chowdry - Sarod
Rupak Kumar Pandit - Tabla
We first started doing Indian Classical Music concerts in the Pearse Museum back in 2013 to mark the centenary of Pearse's connection with Rabindrath Tagore. The Pearse Museum provides a magical setting for this music, it seems to perfectly suit the spirit of the place. We have a wonderful treat on 29 April , Sougata Roy Chowdhury ( Sarod) and Rupak Kumar Pandit (Tabla) will be taking us on a journey into the ancient and sophisticated classical music of North India with two of its principle instruments, sarod and tabla. If you have never experienced Indian classical music, do yourself a favour and come along!
booking 086 1689955 or 01 4934208