Friday, April 10, 2015
Jazz Mine No. 1 Saturday 11th. April 2015 from 5 to 6PM on dublincityfm.ie
Jazz Mine No. 1 play list Saturday 11th. April 2015 on 103.2 Dublin City FM from 5 to 6PM
LONG SHOT 1
1. C Minor Blues ( 8.20 ) - Coleman Hawkins, JJ Johnson & Lionel Hampton - CD The White Box Of Jazz
2. It Don't Mean A Thing ( 4.47 ) - Zoot Sims - CD 'Round Midnight Decca / Blue Note / Verve Records
3. Ruby My Dear ( 5.20 ) - Thelonius Monk - CD 'Round Midnight Decca / Blue Note / Verve Records
4. Pots A Cookin' ( 5.12 ) - Bill Doggett - CD The White Box Of Jazz Castle Communications
5. Juan Pachanga ( 6.12 ) - Fania All Stars - CD Latin Hot unionsquaremusic.co.uk
6. Sweet Duke ( 4.42 ) - Alexander Hawkins Trio - CD Alexander Hawkins Trio alexanderhawkinsmusic.com
Sunday 12 April: Alexander Hawkins Solo Piano - Dublin, Hugh Lane Gallery 12 NOON
7. Limbo Jazz ( 5.10 ) - Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins - CD Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins
1963 RELEASE & NOW REISSUED AS PART OF PACKAGE ON avidgroup.co.uk
8. The Professor Stomps ( 3.10 ) - Professor Peter O'Brien - CD Jazz Piano Of A Celtic Soul Arbors Records
9. In The Hall Of the Mountain King ( 2.33 ) - CD Selections From Peer Gynt Columbia
1960 RELEASE NOW REISSUED AS PART OF PACKAGE on avidgroup.co.uk
10. Saluting The Groove ( 6.22 ) - Mimi Fox - CD Perpetually Hip mimifoxjazzguitar.com
LONG SHOT 2
11. Song Singular - Owl ( 7.03 ) - Alexander Hawkins Trio - CD Alexander Hawkins Trio alexanderhawkinsmusic.com
The National Concert Hall and Note Productions presents a new international festival, the first of its kind in Dublin for more than a decade, entitled ‘April Jazz’ (Friday 10 - Sunday 12 April 2015) featuring some of the world’s finest international jazz virtuosos.
‘April Jazz’ at the National Concert Hall will see critically acclaimed acts such as The Bad Plus, Polish trumpeter Tomasz Stanko, Ernst Reijseger, and Anouar Brahem as headline artists while also playing host to emerging Irish talents including Sean MacErlaine, Sue Rynhart, and OKO.
April Jazz is also home to experimentation. Irish composers Brian Irvine and Jennifer Walshe will have their new work performed by improvising musicians called 13 Vices. There will also be a unique collaboration between Berlin based jazzers, HÜTTE, and the Irish contemporary vocal group, Silver Kites.
Friday 10 April 2015, 6pm
REIJSEGER –GRAANJE – SYLLA Trio
Friday 10 April 2015, 8pm
Tomasz Stanko Quartet with special guest Sue Rynhart Duo
Tickets: €30, €35
Saturday 11 April 2015, 8pm
Anouar Brahem Quartet: Souvenance with special guest Sean Mac Erlaine (saxophone)
Tickets: €30, €35
Sunday 12 April 2015, 8pm
The Bad Plus performs the Ornette Coleman Masterpiece Science Fiction with Ron Miles, Tim Berne and Sam Newsome and special guest OKO
Tickets €30, €35
April 2015 - DUBLIN, Ireland Wednesday 15th. April to Saturday 18th. April Project Arts Centre Templebar Dublin 2.
Full information at 12points.ie
12 Points festival alternates between Dublin and partner cities, with previous editions taking place in Umea, Sweden, POrto, Portugal and Stavanger, Norway.
With our compact size, it’s a unique opportunity for artists to get to know each other, create lasting friendships and networks, and give their absolute performance best before an enthusiastic local audience, media and industry professionals.
There is no better festival to experience the breadth, energy, ambition and diversity through which young European musicians are making the jazz of tomorrow.
In the meantime, please visit the festival archive for information on eight previous editions of 12 Points.
Listen @ Wellington Friday 17th. April - details as below:
On Friday the 17th of April at 7pm we will be continuing our new monthly night of creative music and spoken word, in The Wellington, Baggot st. bridge.
This month will feature: The Gregory Walkers Featuring Laoise O'Brien, Eamonn Sweeney & Malachy Robinson. Re: Ellington, A recently formed group reinterpreting the music of Duke Ellington. Aritist Helen McNulty reading her thought provoking poetry. And to round off the evening, new music from Dylan Rynhart's Fuzzy Logic Ensemble.
With 4 acts a night, on the 3rd Friday of each month. “Listen at Wellington” features a healthy assortment of Jazz and Classical music, Composers, Songwriters, Sound Artists, Poets, Storytellers and much much more.
Listen at Wellington Friday 17th April
Doors: 7pm Tickets: €10 / €5 (available at the door)
The Wellington Baggot St. bridge, Dublin 4
April's concert Features:
The Gregory Walkers - Laoise O'Brien (recorder), Eamon Sweeney (guitar) & Malachy Robinson (violone)
Helen McNulty - Poetry reading
RE:Ellington - Nick Roth (sax), Matthew Berrill (clarinet), Paul Dunlea (trombone), Greg Felton (piano), Derek Whyte (bass) & Matt Jacobson (drums)
Fuzzy Logic Ensemble - Sue Rynhart (voice), Nick Roth (sax), Izumi Kimura (piano), Derek Whyte (bass) & Matt Jacobson (drums)