Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Midweek Music Miscellany Wednesday 21st. October from 11.30AM to 12.30PM on dublincityfm.ie
Midweek Music Miscellany play list Wednesday 21st. October on 103.2 Dublin City FM from 11.30AM to 12.30PM
1. The Monster ( 2.03 ) - Chris Williams & The Students - CD Songs For Swinging Ghosts cherryred.co.uk
NEW COMPILATION RELEASE
2. Pretty Flamingo ( 2.26 ) - Manfred Mann - CD The Essential 60's No. 1 Album EMI Records
1997 COMPILATION RELEASE
3. Jesus Carried Me A Cross ( 3.08 ) - Del McCoury Band - CD The Promised Land delmccouryband.com
4. Go Now ( 5.00 ) - Krazy - CD The Art Of Happy Accidents zrazy.com
IRISH ARTIST - NEW RELEASE
5. Easy Calvados Blues Band ( 2.20 ) - Alain Markusfeld - CD Le cri du photon solitaire alainmarkusfeld.fr
6. The Seventh Degree ( 5.49 ) - Martin Tourish - CD Under A Red Sky Night martintourishmusic.com
IRISH ARTIST - NEW RELEASE
7. Praeludio ( 5.06 ) ( Paraphrase on Partita Nr.1 by JS Bach ) - Olivia Trummer - CD Classical To Jazz One oliviatrummer.de
ART OF THE TRIO - AL STEWART on the re-issue of three of his 1970's Albums
8. You Don't Even Know Me ( 3.55 ) - Al Stewart - CD Orange cherryred.co.uk
2015 REISSUE - ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 1972
9. Terminal Eyes ( 3.15 ) - Al Stewart - CD Past Present & Future cherryred.co.uk
2015 ENHANCED REISSUE - Terminal Eyes originally issued as a single in 1973
10. Not The One ( 4.27 ) - Al Stewart - CD Modern Times cherryred.co.uk
2015 REISSUE - ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 1975
11. Sumiglia ( 5.03 ) - Savina Yannatou - CD Sumiglia ECM Records
Savina Yannatou appearing with the below at Unitarian Church Friday 23rd. October at 7.45PM improvisedmusic,ie
Savina Yannatou comes from a rich tradition of Greek & Mediterranean folk music and is regarded as one of the most respected interpreters of Greek music. This is juxtaposed by her extensive explorations in jazz and avant-garde music in addition to her output as a celebrated ECM artist. She has worked in duo with bassist Barry Guy on numerous projects.
Barry Guy, an English composer and pioneering bassist has an extensive and influential body of work that encompasses large ensembles, solo expositions and intimate duo and trio work. He has been at the forefront of free improvisation since the mid 1970’s and he is renowned in particular for his striking approach to double bass utilising many prepared techniques on the instrument as well as intriguing percussive, bowed and tonal variations to create a sound unique to his inimitable style.
Francesco Turrisi has been defined a “musical alchemist” and a “musical polyglot” by the press. He has released four critically acclaimed albums as a leader and two as co-leader (Tarab and Zahr) on Diatribe records and on his own label Taquin records. He is equally at home on percussion as well as piano and accordion and has collaborated extensively with artists from jazz, world and early music fields.
12. Soul Of Fire ( 4.22 ) - The Juke Joints - CD 20 Years thejukejoints.com
2003 RELEASE & Soul Of Fire recorded live at Pine Lodge Myrtleville Co. Cork.
13. I Walk The Line ( 4.16 ) - Tiffany Austin - CD Nothing But Soul Con Alma Records tiffanyaustin.com
14. Mola Di Bari ( 2.32 ) - Mary Stokes Band - CD Rockaway Blvd. marystokesband.com
IRISH ARTIST - 2007 RELEASE
The Mary Stokes Band head to Cork for the October Bank Holiday weekend to perform at the 2015 Guinness Jazz Festival, playing five shows in three days. From Friday Night 23rd October Mary and her Band will be performing twice daily in Counihan’s Bar on Pembroke Street throughout the weekend. The Mary Stokes Band will play afternoon and night time shows, and are expecting packed houses at both. Performing at this year's festival will be Mary Stokes on vocals, Brian Palm on harmonica, Ardo Andrew on guitar, Lee Boylan on drums and Keith McLoughlin on bass.