American Independence Day as Jazz Mine unleashes some of the USA National music.
Play list Jazz Mine No. 13 on Saturday 4th. July from 5 to 6PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM
1. The Farm Hand ( 6.05 ) - Cormac McCarthy - CD Cottage Evolution lyterecords.com
IRISH ARTIST - NEW RELEASE
2. Watermelon Man ( 2.26 ) - Mongo Santamaria - CD Latin Legends Telstar Records
3. Banana Boat Song ( 3.04 ) - Harry Belafonte - CD Latin Legends Telstar Records
DOUBLE SHOT 1- Robert Glasper Trio
4. Got Over ( 2.07 ) - Robert Glasper Trio with Harry Belafonte - CD Covered bluenote.com
5. Reckoner ( 5.07 ) - Robert Glasper Trio - CD Covered Live At Capitol Studios bluenote.com
6. Blues For W.K. ( 4.52 ) - On Off - CD Extra Mile
DOUBLE SHOT 2 - Yusef Lateef
7. Sea Breeze ( 3.09 ) - Yusef Lateef - CD Cry Tender as part of Yusef Lateef Four Classic Albums cherryred.co.uk
NEW RELEASE PACKAGE
8. Pikes Peak ( 5.30 ) - Yusef Lateef - CD Before Dawn as part of Yusef Lateef Four Classic Albums cherryred.co.uk
LONG SHOT 1
9. Temple Of The Sea ( 7.15 ) - Aerie - CD Hatch & Host bauerstudios.de
LONG SHOT 2
10. Flying Over The Odra Valley ( 11.00 ) - Charles Lloyd - CD Wild Man Dance bluenote.com
Thursday 16th July : JJ Smyths Aungier Street Dublin 2. ORGANICS with special guests Doors 8.30pm (Music 9pm) - Adm €10
Hammond organ trio - Organics began performing and composing professionally as a group in 1997. During this time they performed as the jam-session house band at the Cork International jazz festival. They have played extensively throughout Ireland and Internationally. Organics features musicians, Justin Carroll (Hammond Organ), John Moriarty (Guitar) and Kevin Brady (Drums) they will be performing at JJ’s on Thursday the 16th of July…
The night will also feature some very special guests & friends...
In 2001, the trio were invited to play as the support group to Gil Scott-Heron in Vicar Street, Dublin. They were critically acclaimed for their performance with Saxophonist Bobby Watson (Art Blakey + The Jazz Messengers) at the 2004 Cork Jazz festival. In addition to this, Organics have opened for leading International groups such as Swedish piano trio E.S.T, the legendary Herbie Hancock’s ‘Headhunters’ and electronic pioneer Bugge Wesseltoft at The 2005 Bud Rising Festival
Drawing on influences from The Blues to the American songbook to a unique blend of soul and groove, this modern Hammond Organ trio perform an original mix of improvised music. Organics have a distinguished – and varied – jazz lineage, including a swinging format with an infectious beat.
Listen at Wellington
Friday 17th of July at 7pm
The Wellington Baggot St. Dublin 4 Show Map
Miriam and band will bring their unique flavour of dark, gothic folk.
Miriam Ingram (Vocals and Guitar), Colin J Morris (Bass and Piano), Diolmhain Ingram-Roche (Electric Guitar and Vocals), Carol Keogh (Vocals), Sinéad Martin (Vocals)
Exploration with equipment of a similar age as himself: a Fender Rhodes, analog synthesizer, ring modulator and tape delay.
Poetry and Parody.
Chris Engel trio
New Jazz from: Chris Engel (saxohone), Cormac O’Brien (bass) & Shane O’donavan (drums).
Greg Felton and Dave Rock
Expect lyrical fireworks, passionate performance, and music that goes places it didn’t expect to. Greg Felton (piano) and Dave Rock (poet).
Cathal Roche and Izumi Kimura
Roche-Kimura will perform a sequence of short improvised duets, adopting pages from the 'I Ching' or 'Chinese Book of Changes' as compositional blueprints, weaving listeners into the liminal fabric of their performance through Roche's deep fundamental tones and saxophone multi-phonics and Kimura's rippling dance of harmonics and melodic streams