Play list Jazz Mine No. 9 Saturday 6th. June 2015 from 5 to 6PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM
1. Crow's Rainbow ( 1.50 ) - Reggie Washington - CD Rainbow Shadow jammincolours.com
LONG SHOT 1
2. Part Of A Whole ( 9.37 ) - Hugh Masekela - CD Home Is Where The Music Is ververecords.com
3. Slow Boat ( 3.42 ) - Reto Suhner Quartet - CD Run etarecords.de
LONG SHOT 2
4. Migrating Birds ( 9.02 ) - Yelena Eckemoff Trio - CD Lions yelenamusic.com
5. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted ( 5.09 ) - Indra Rios Moore - CD Heartland Impulse Records
6. Black Coffee ( 5.24 ) - Stella Bass - CD Too Darn Hot stellabass.com
7. Smells Like Teen Spirit ( 3.20 ) - Ben Williams - CD Coming Of Age concordmusicgroup.com benwilliamsmusic.net
8. Heart & Soul ( 4.35 ) - Kenny G - CD Smooth Jazz Hits The Ultimate Collection concordmusicgroup.com
9. When I'm Alone With You ( 6.05 ) - Tim Warfield - CD Inspire Me!
10. Haute Sauce ( 3.18 ) - Mindi Abair - CD Smooth Jazz Hits The Ultimate Collection concordmusicgroup.com
Waltz For Molly - For The Molly McNally Miracle Trust with Emilie Conway Quartet at The John Field Room NCH on Friday 19th. June 1.05PM
Booking 01 4170000 or online nch.ie
Music Network Presents Aoife Doyle & her band as per dates below.
Aoife Doyle’s unique, expressive voice is equally at home with jazz, folk, country, bluegrass or blues, and her singing evokes memories of the sophisticated, velvet tones of Ella Fitzgerald, the earthy, sweet lyricism of Patsy Cline or the straight‐up country clarity of Alison Krauss. Backed by Johnny Taylor’s subtle piano, Andrew Csibi’s inventive bass and Dominic Mullan’s sensitive percussion, the band has won critical acclaim for putting their own unique stamp on the songs.
For these concerts, they will perform a diverse range of songs by Bob Dylan, Hank Cochran and The Band, jazz standards by Cole Porter and Harold Arlen, as well as songs arranged by the band.
Aoife Doyle (voice)
Johnny Taylor (piano)
Andrew Csibi (double bass)
Dominic Mullan (drums)
Tour continues to Northern Ireland with Moving on Music:
- Wednesday, June 10 @ 8:00 PM Black Box, Belfast
- Friday, June 12 @ 8:00 PM Strule Arts Centre, Omagh
- Saturday, June 13 @ 9:00 PM Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen
- Sunday, June 14 @ 9:00 PM Bennigan’s, Derry
The Hot Club of Dublin, comprising the Gilligan Family, Russian gypsy
violin player, Oleg Ponomarev and saxophonist Ciaran Wilde are coming back
to the Hot Spot Music Club, Greystones this Sat, June 6th.
Doors open 8pm. Tickets - Advance 10e / Door 12e. www.thehotspot.ie ph: 087
United by their passion for Hotclub and old swing, this vibrant sextet have
developed and expanded on the Hotclub style, to include four part vocal
harmonies with hints of eastern gypsy flavour. Their repertoire is a
collection of original tunes with some old standards. If you are a fan of
Django Reinhardt, Hotfoot, Jimmy Faulkner, Stephane Grappelli, Mills
Brothers or Frank Sinatra you’ll love these guys!