Jazz Scene No. 86 with jazz pianist / composer Leopoldo Osio guesting.
CEO Experiment International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin 2 9PM Thursday 19th. February
CEO Experiment plus Cian Boylan Piano Trio The Bello Bar, Portobello Harbour, Dublin 2 Friday 20th. February 2015.
1. I'm Thru With Love ( 2.56 ) - Nat King Cole - CD Here's Nat King Cole with The King Cole Trio Planet Records
50th. Anniversary of the death of Nat King Cole ( Age 47 ) on 15th. February 1965
LONG SHOT 1
2. Einbahnstrasse ( 7.17 ) - Herbie Hancock - CD Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Keith Jarrett, McCoy Tyner
Atlantic Jazz Records
LONG SHOT 2
3. Awakening ( 8.28 ) - Leopoldo Osio - CD Awakening leopoldoosio.com
IRISH BASED ARTIST
4. Like Someone In Love ( 4.45 ) - Leopoldo Osio - CD Awakening leopoldoosio.com ( Free Download of album on website )
IRISH BASED ARTIST
5. The Late Late Show ( 2.32 ) - George Shearing - CD George Shearing Four Classic Albums Plus cherryred.co.uk
2014 RELEASE PACKAGE
6. Choco's Guajira ( 6.46 ) - Ruben Gonzales - CD Chanchullo World Circuit Records
7. ( Get Your Kicks On ) Route 66 ( 2.58 ) - Nat King Cole Trio - CD Here's Nat King Cole with The King Cole Trio Planet Records
Improvised Music Company & The Hugh Lane Gallery
"Draksler brings austerity, subtlety and poignancy with her fluid piano playing and rings through in bright, rich textures’" - The Irish Times
Ireland first encountered the young Slovenian pianist/composer Kaja Draksler when she performed a stunning set with her ‘Acropolis Quintet’ at the 12 Points festival in May 2011.
She was subsequently chosen as one of three young European acts supported at festivals and venues
throughout Europe as part of the 12 Points PLUS programme.
Still only 26 years old, Kaja is a exceptional talent, presenting both remarkable classical composition as well as energetic and risky improvisation. Highly respected in the Amsterdam jazz and improvised music scene, last year she released her solo album The Lives Of Many Others, on the renowned label Clean Feed.
Draksler studied jazz piano in Ljubljana and Groningen and in 2009 won the prestigious Deloitte Jazz Award. In New York she studied privately with great musical innovators, Vijay Iyer and Jason Moran. In 2013, she completed a classical composition Masters studies at The Conservatory of Amsterdam.
Kaja Draksler's current projects include Solo, several Duets; with Onno Govaert (Feecho), Matiss!
Čudars, and Susana Santos Silvam, and Trio- BadBooshBand.
Apart from writing for her own ensembles, Draksler has been commissioned to write for Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra, Metropole Orchestra, EMJO, Big Band RTV Slovenia, Italian Instabile Orchestra, amongst others.
A great opportunity to catch this magnetic young musician as part of Improvised Music Company’s Solo Piano Series this Spring at the Hugh Lane Gallery, Dublin 1
Hugh Buckley Group at JJ Smyths Sunday 15th. February 2015 Doors 4.30 PM Music 5PM
Hugh Buckley may be among the more unassuming guitarists on the Irish scene, but his resume of international associations speaks volumes for the esteem in which he's held elsewhere. This engaging and creative soloist has worked with Georgie Fame, Peter Bernstein, Scott Hamilton, Peter Washington and his late and dear friend, pianist James Williams. Soul and gospel nuances are increasingly to the fore and for this outing, he unveils new material and new personnel, performed by a talented quartet with TBC (bass), Domnic Mullan (drums) and Phil Ware (piano).
Doors 4.30pm (Music 5pm) - Adm €10
- See more at: http://www.jjsmyths.com/gigs/sundays/565-hugh-buckley-group26.html#sthash.6KvF7SXy.dpuf