Play list Midweek Music Miscellany Wednesday 19th. February 2020 from 11.30AM on 103.2FM or dublincityfm.ie
LISTEN BACK :
1. I Second That Emotion ( 2.44 ) - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - CD British Motown Chartbusters Volume 2 Motown Records
1989 COMPILATION RELEASE
Smokey Robinson was born on 19th. February 2020 so is 80 years young today.
Robert Edward "Bobby" Rogers (February 19, 1940 – March 3, 2013) was an American musician and tenor singer, best known as a member of Motown vocal group the Miracles from 1956 until his death.
2. I'm In Need - Cormac O'Caoimh - SINGLE & taster from CD to be released in May 2020 cormacco.net
IRISH ARTIST - 2020 RELEASE
3. The Whiskey Song ( 4.29 ) - Amberly Chalberg - CD High-Line amberleychalberg.com
2020 RELEASE - Due 20th. March
4. She's Gone ( 5.45 ) - Eileen Rose - CD Muscle Shoals eileenrose.com
2020 RELEASE - Due 17th. April
5. Too Tired For Drinking ( 2.49 ) - Ry Cavaunagh - CD Time For This
2020 RELEASE - Due 27th. March 2020
6. Paranoid ( 2.49 ) - Black Sabbath - SINGLE
Anthony Frank Iommi ( born 19 February 1948) is an English guitarist, songwriter and producer. He was lead guitarist and one of the four founding members of the heavy metal band Black Sabbath. He was the band's primary composer and sole continual member for nearly five decades.
7. I Still Love The Sun - Eamonn Flynn - CD Black Coddle eamonnflynn.com
IRISH ARTIST - 2019 RELEASE
8. I Put My Ring Back On ( 2.45 ) - Mary Chapin Carpenter - CD The Age Of Miracles marychapincarpenter.com
Mary Chapin Carpenter (born February 21 1958)
9. Ode To Inisheer ( 2.24 ) - Bibi - CD From Bibi With Love
10. Gonna Make You An Offer You Can't Refuse ( 3.29 ) - Jimmy Helms - SINGLE
11. I'm Gonna Make You Mine ( 2.41 ) - Lou Christie - SINGLE
Lugee Alfredo Giovanni Sacco (born February 19 1943), known professionally as Lou Christie.
12. B.A.B.Y. ( 4.04 ) - Dee Dee Bridgewater - CD Memphis .... Yes I'm Ready okeh-records.com deedeebridgewater.com
13. Holy Water ( 3.37 ) - Nels Andrews - CD Pigeon & The Crow nelsandrews.com
2020 RELEASE Due 19th. April
ON THIS DAY IN MUSIC 19th. February
19 Feb 1964
A British company shipped ½ ton of Beatle wigs to the US. An American reporter later asked John Lennon, "How do you feel about teenagers imitating you with Beatle wigs?" John replied "They're not imitating us because we don't wear Beatle wigs."
19 Feb 1965
Working at Abbey Road studios in London, The Beatles recorded a new John Lennon song 'You're Going To Lose That Girl' in two takes. The track was released on the Help! album.
19 Feb 1966
Lou Christie went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Lightnin Strikes', a No.11 hit in the UK. Nancy Sinatra held the UK No.1 single position with 'These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
19 Feb 1972
Harry Nilsson started a four week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with his version of the Badfinger song 'Without You.' His vocal was recorded in a single take and his performance was rewarded with Nilsson's second Grammy Award.
19 Feb 1972
Led Zeppelin appeared at the Memorial Drive, Adelaide in Australia. A local paper who reviewed the show printed: Singer Robin Plant (sic) overcame an 'Australian bug' in his throat and broke into his own in 'Black Dog' and 'Stairway To The Stars' (sic).
19 Feb 1977
Leo Sayer had his only UK No.1 single with the Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager song 'When I Need You.' Both Celine Dion and Cliff Richard have scored hits with the song.
19 Feb 1977
Manfred Mann's Earth Band scored a No.1 single in the US with their version of the Bruce Springsteen song 'Blinded By The Light.' The track was the first single from Bruce Springsteen's 1973 debut album Greetings from Asbury Park N.J. The Earth Band's version features several changed lyrics. The most prominent change is in the chorus, where Springsteen's "cut loose like a deuce" is replaced with "revved up like a deuce." Springsteen himself has said that it was not until Manfred Mann rewrote the song to be about a "feminine hygiene product" that it became popular.
19 Feb 1982
Ozzy Osbourne was arrested in San Antonio, Texas for urinating on the cenotaph at the Alamo, which honors the Alamo defenders. Osbourne was wearing a dress at the time of his arrest, (due to his wife Sharon hiding all his clothes so he couldn't go outside). Osbourne was banned from ever playing in San Antonio, Texas again, (a ban which was lifted in 1992). When later interviewed, Ozzy said his next goal was to urinate on the White House lawn.