Play list Jazz Mine No. 209 Saturday 25th. May 2019 from 5 to 6PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM or dublincityfm.ie
LISTEN BACK :
1. Stray Form ( 4.30 ) - Roberto Magris Europlane featuring Herb Geller - CD Il Bello De Jazz blacksaint.com
2. Labyrinth ( 6.18 ) - CEO Experiment - CD CEO Experience
IRISH ARTIST - 2017 RELEASE
3. Enough Rope ( 5.22 ) - The roger Beaujolais Italian Trio - CD Barbs Lunga rogerbeaujolais.com
4. Havana ( 6.34 ) - Fred Hersch & The WDR Big Band - CD Begin Again fredhersch.com palmetto-records.com
2019 RELEASE DUE IN JUNE
5. Ashkabad ( 5.34 ) - Anouar Brahem Trio - CD Astrakan Cafe ecmrecords.com
6. Chelsea Bridge ( 7/18 ) - The Lew Tabackin Quartet - CD Desert Lady Concord Jazz
7. Fairytale ( 7.43 ) - Max Kochetov Quartet - CD 13.30 maxkocheton.com Philips Records
8. Alabama ( 5.10 ) - John Coltrane - CD 1963 : New Directions Verve Records
2018 COMPILATION RELEASE
Sunday Jazz at The United Arts Club 3 Fitzwilliam Street Upper, Dublin 2 - Open to Non-members Sunday 26th. May from 4PM
Hailed by the B.B.C. as “Ireland’s King of the Blues”, Nigel Mooney is long established as Ireland’s leading jazz singer/guitarist. Steeped in the blues from an early age, Mooney formed his Gripewater Blues Band in the early 1980’s, spearheading Ireland’s blues movement and working with the likes of B.B. King, Lowell Fulson, Bo Diddley, Hubert Sumlin and Louisiana Red. Since the mid-1990’s, he has been a leading figure in Ireland’s jazz scene and his 2013 album, “The Bohemian Mooney” was awarded Jazz Album of the Year by The Irish Times and featured guest appearances by Georgie Fame and Louis Stewart.
Nigel is joined by Johnny Taylor on piano and Barry Donohue on bass. Sunday jazz sessions at the United Arts Club are presented by Martin Lynch.