German modern folk duo Roods & Reeds are on an Irish trip & jin me on the show this edition with live performance & chat.
Play list Midweek Music Miscellany Wednesday 5th. September 2018 11.30AM to 12.30PM.
LISTEN BACK LINK :
1. Here For The Party ( 3.20 ) - Sina Theil - CD Undercover The Collection sinatheil.com
IRISH ARTIST - 2018 RELEASE
2. Men, Men, Men ( 3.24 ) - Meghan Ali - SINGLE https://meghanali.com
IRISH ARTIST - 2018 RELEASE
3. Amsterdam ( 4.17 ) - Brian Willoughby ( Composer Micheal Snow ) - PROMO
IRISH ARTIST - PROMO
4. Undertow - Roods & Reeds - LIVE AT DCFM roodsandreeds.com
5. Back In the Day ( 2.41 ) - Ray Davies - CD Our Country Americana ACT 11 raydavies.info legacyrecordings.com
6. At The End Of The Day ( 2.48 ) - Roods & Reeds - CD The Loomgoes Click roodsandreeds.com
7 On The Road ( 4.25 ) - Roods & Reeds - CD The Loomgoes Click roodsandreeds.com
8. Keep Me In Your Heart ( 3.27 ) - Warren Zevon - CD The Wind warrenzevon.com
Warren William Zevon January 24 1947 – September 7 2003) was an American rock singer-songwriter and musician.
9. Es geht ein dunkle Wolk herein in English There's A Dark Cloud Coming ( LIVE ) - Roods & Reeds - LIVE DCFM roodsandreeds.com
ROODS AND REEDS IRISH DATES
06.09.2018 - Liscannor,Co. Clare Ireland The Bloody Cranesbill Gastrobar
08.09.2018 - The Shamrock Roundstone, Co. Galway
09.09.2018 - The Annexe Inn Keel, Achill Island, Co. Mayo
14.09.2018 - Flagmount, Ireland Flagmount Wild Garden
10. Run Away ( 3.21 ) - Sarah Jarosz - CD Follow Me Down sarahjarosz.com
September 5th: On this day
1956, Elvis Presley surprised his mother with a gift of a pink Cadillac. The car remained in the Presley family and eventually went on display at Graceland.
1963, The Rolling Stones kicked off their fourth UK tour at The Astoria London. A 32-date package tour with Mike Berry and the Innocents The Mojos and Simon Scott and the Leroy's.
1964, The Animals started a three week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'House Of The Rising Sun'. When first released the record company printed the time of the song on the record as three minutes feeling that the real time of four minutes was too long for radio airplay.
1965, Sonny & Cher made their first live UK appearance when they appeared at the 100 Club in London.
1965, The Rolling Stones recorded their eighth single 'Get Off Of My Cloud' at RCA studios in Hollywood. The song peaked at No.1 in the US and the UK.
1966, John Lennon started work on his role as Private Gripweed in the film 'How I Won The War'. The black comedy directed by Richard Lester, was filmed in Spain in Almería Province and saw Lennon, taking a long-overdue break from The Beatles after nearly four years of constant touring.
1967, Working at Abbey Road studios, London, The Beatles began recording John Lennon’s new song ‘I Am the Walrus’, recording 16 takes of the basic backing track.
1968, On their first ever visit to the UK The Doors appeared on Top Of The Pops performing 'Hello I Love You' live on the TV show.
1970, Janis Joplin started recording sessions recording a version of the Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster song 'Me and Bobby McGee'. Joplin, (who was a lover and a friend of Kristofferson's from the beginning of her career to her death), topped the US singles chart with the song in 1971 after her death, making the song the second posthumous No.1 single in US chart history after '(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay' by Otis Redding.
1976, Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington was seriously injured in a car crash in Florida.
12 Points Festival at The Sugar Club Starting Wed. 5th. September with 3 acts each night over 4 nights. See 12points.ie