Play list Midweek Music Miscellany Wednesday 26th. June 2019 from 11.30AM to 12.30PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM or dublincityfm.ie
1. Lulu's Back In Town - The Four Freshmen - CD The Swingers ( 1962 ) as part of The Four Freshmen Four Classic Albums avidgroup.co.uk
2018 PACKAGE RELEASE
2. Lullaby In Rhythm - The Four Freshmen - CD Four Freshmen and Five Saxes (feat. Dave Pell / Bud Shank) ( 1957 ) as part of The Four Freshmen Four Classic Albums avidgroup.co.uk
2018 PACKAGE RELEASE
3. Oh Yeah - Roxy Music - SINGLE
4. Hot Night In The City - TS Monk -
5. Nu Te Fermare - Merlin Shepherd Kapelye - CD Ballati Tutti Quanti Ballati Forte Dunya Records
6. Against Pollution - Mountain Goats -
7. Angry Cyclists - The Proclaimers - CD Angry Cyclists
8. AnnaLee - Zack Logan - CD Raised By Wolves zacklogan.net Badlands Records
9. Cotton Tied - David Leask - CD Six In 6/8 davidleask.com
10. Nine More Minutes - Cyrille Aimee - CD Let's Get Lost cyrilleaimeemusic.com
11. Blood Red Roses - Rod Stewart - CD Blood Red Roses rodstewart.com
12. Love Me Like A Man ( 3.26 ) - The Two Five Ones - CD Sentimental Journey https://www.facebook.com/daramacgabhannmusic/
The Two Five Ones Live on Jazz Mine Saturday 1st. December from 5 to 6PM on dublincityfm.ie
IRISH ARTIST - 2018 RELEASE
13. House Of Cards - Rachel Harrington -
14. The Long Goodbye ( 4.00 ) - Paul Brady - CD Oh What A World paulbrady.com
IRISH ARTIST - 2000 RELEASE
15. One More Mile - Colin James - CD Miles Top Go colinjames.com
On this day 26th. June
26 Jun 1955
Elvis Presley (with Scotty Moore and Bill Black) played the first of three nights at the Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Mississippi. The local paper ran a preview which read; ‘A good looking youngster who has become a juke-box favorite with his That's Alright, Mama, and Blue Moon of Kentucky. Presley is expected to repeat some of his hit tunes at the Airmen's Club show in addition to mixing up a few country tunes with some "bop" and novelty numbers.’
26 Jun 1961
Gary U.S. Bonds started a two-week run at No.1 on the US charts with 'Quarter To Three', a No.7 hit in the UK. Before Bonds recorded this, it was an instrumental by The Church Street Five called 'A Night With Daddy G.' Bond's manager added lyrics to it and had him record it. This is often covered by Bruce Springsteen who is a big fan. In 1981, Springsteen produced a successful comeback album for Bonds.
26 Jun 1964
During a world tour, The Beatles played two shows at Town Hall, Dunedin, South Island, New Zealand. The flight from Auckland to Dunedin was tense due the receipt of an anonymous threat that a "germ bomb" had been placed on board the aircraft.
26 Jun 1965
The Byrds went to No.1 on the US singles chart with their version of Bob Dylan's 'Mr Tambourine Man'. Only Roger McGuinn from the band played on the song, the drummer Hal Blaine who played on the track also played on 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'.
26 Jun 1966
During a North American tour, The Rolling Stones played two shows, a matinee show at The Coliseum in Washington DC and an evening show at The Baltimore Civic Centre in Maryland. The McCoys and The Standells were the support acts.
26 Jun 1972
During sessions at Olympic Studios, London, England, David Bowie recorded 'John, I'm Only Dancing', with Mick Ronson on lead guitar and Lou Reed on rhythm guitar. The track which was released and became a hit single in the UK in September of this year was not released in America, being judged too risqué by RCA Records. The original video directed by Mick Rock, featuring androgynous dancers from Lindsay Kemp's mime troupe, was banned by British music show Top Of The Pops.
26 Jun 1973
Rolling Stone Keith Richards and his girlfriend Anita Pallenberg were arrested at their home in Chelsea, London on drugs and gun charges.
26 Jun 1974
Cher divorced Sonny Bono after 10 years of marriage. Four days later, Cher married guitarist Gregg Allman, the couple split 10 days after that, got back together and split again. They did stay married for three years, producing Elijah Blue Allman.
26 Jun 1976
TV talent show winners from Liverpool The Real Thing were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'You To Me Are Everything', the group's only No.1 hit. It was the first single by a Black British band to top the UK charts.
26 Jun 1977
Elvis Presley made his last ever live stage appearance when he appeared at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis. Presley would die less than two months later. The last two songs he performed were ‘Hurt’ and ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water.’ Before the show Elvis was presented with a plaque commemorating the 2 billionth record to come out of RCA’s pressing plant