Monday, November 26, 2018
Midweek Music Miscellany Wed. 28th. Nov. 2018 on dublincityfm.ie & incl. Paul Brady, Colin James & The Proclaimers
Play list Midweek Music Miscellany Wednesday 28th. November 2018 from 11.30AM to 12.30PM on 103.2 Dublin City FM or dublincityfm.ie
LISTEN BACK LINK :
DOUBLE SHOT - The Four Freshmen
1. Lulu's Back In Town - The Four Freshmen - CD The Swingers ( 1962 ) as part of The Four Freshmen Four Classic Albums avidgroup.co.uk
2018 PACKAGE RELEASE
2. Lullaby In Rhythm - The Four Freshmen - CD Four Freshmen and Five Saxes (feat. Dave Pell / Bud Shank) ( 1957 ) as part of The Four Freshmen Four Classic Albums avidgroup.co.uk
2018 PACKAGE RELEASE
3. Oh Yeah - Roxy Music - SINGLE
4. Hot Night In The City - TS Monk -
5. Nu Te Fermare - Merlin Shepherd Kapelye - CD Ballati Tutti Quanti Ballati Forte Dunya Records
6. Against Pollution - Mountain Goats -
7. Angry Cyclists - The Proclaimers - CD Angry Cyclists
8. AnnaLee - Zack Logan - CD Raised By Wolves zacklogan.net Badlands Records
9. Cotton Tied - David Leask - CD Six In 6/8 davidleask.com
10. Nine More Minutes - Cyrille Aimee - CD Let's Get Lost cyrilleaimeemusic.com
11. Blood Red Roses - Rod Stewart - CD Blood Red Roses rodstewart.com
12. Love Me Like A Man - The Two Five Ones - CD Sentimental Journey https://www.facebook.com/daramacgabhannmusic/
The Two Five Ones Live on Jazz Mine Saturday 1st. December from 5 to 6PM on dublincityfm.ie
IRISH ARTIST - 2018 RELEASE
13. House Of Cards - Rachel Harrington -
14. The Long Goodbye ( 4.00 ) - Paul Brady - CD Oh What A World
IRISH ARTIST - 2000 RELEASE
15. One More Mile - Colin James -
In My Nature - CD Launch
Sunday 2nd December 2018 at 4.00pm in Arthur’s Blues n’ Jazz Club, Thomas
Street, Dublin 8
Tickets priced €15.00 at the door. (Presale online price €10.00 + Booking fee
available from Eventbrite.ie)
Gemma Sugure – Vocals Julien Colarossi – Guitar Johnny Taylor – Piano
Dominic Mullans – Drums Barry Donohue - Bass
November 26th: On this Day
1958 Johnny Cash made his debut on the US country chart when ‘Cry! Cry! Cry!’ made it to number 14. His next seven singles would all make the country top 10, with ‘I Walk the Line’ and ‘There You Go’ both hitting number 1.
1962 The Beatles recorded their second single ‘Please Please Me’ in 18 takes and ‘Ask Me Why’ for the flip side at EMI studio’s London. When released in the US on the Vee-Jay label, the first pressings featured a typographical error: The band's name was spelled "The Beattles".
1967 The promotional film of The Beatles 'Hello, Goodbye' was aired on The Ed Sullivan show in the US. It was never shown at the time in the UK due to a musician's union ban on miming.
1967 This was the 10th date on a 16-date UK package tour that Pink Floyd played alongside The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Move, The Nice, The Eire Apparent, The Outer Limits and Amen Corner. Tonight's date was at the Palace Theatre, Manchester, and as with all of the dates, there were two shows per night.
1968 Cream played their farewell concert at the Royal Albert Hall, London. Also on the bill were Yes and Taste. The concert was filmed and released as Cream's Farewell Concert which has often been criticized for both its mediocre sound and visual effects: during Ginger Baker's drum solo, he seems to change clothes at lightning speed due to careless post-editing.
1973 John Rostill former bassist with The Shadows died after being electrocuted at his home recording studio. A local newspaper ran the headline, 'Pop musician dies, guitar apparent cause'. After the break up of The Shadows Rostill worked with Tom Jones and wrote songs covered by Elvis Presley and Olivia Newton-John.
1973 The New York Dolls made their live UK debut at Biba's Rainbow Room, London. The American band who formed in New York in 1971 influenced the look of many new wave and 1980s-era glam metal groups.
1976 Kevin Godley and Lol Creme left 10cc to work as a duo and concentrate on other projects including developing 'The Gizmo', a device used to make neo- orchestral sounds on a guitar.
1976 The Sex Pistols released the single 'Anarchy In The UK'. Originally issued in a plain black sleeve, the single was the only Sex Pistols recording released by EMI, and reached No.38 on the UK Singles Chart before EMI dropped the group on 6 January 1977.
1988 Russian cosmonauts aboard Soyuz 7 took into space a cassette copy (minus the cassette box for weight reasons) of the latest Pink Floyd album Delicate Sound Of Thunder and played it in orbit, making Pink Floyd the first rock band to be played in space. David Gilmour and Nick Mason both attended the launch of the spacecraft.